Latest News: Earn Money with Xossipz and MasalaDesi

Alert: Guests/Members who ever registered and not activated their accounts within 30days, those accounts will be deleted automatically.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
General Great Collection of ebooks (2019)
[Image: SFIxqrG.png]
Ego is the Enemy
pdf | 1.69 MB | English | Isbn:‎ B015NTIXWE | Author: Ryan Holiday | Year: 2016

Description:

Quote:The instant Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and international bestseller

"While the history books are filled with tales of obsessive visionary geniuses who remade the world in their image with sheer, almost irrational force, I've found that history is also made by individuals who fought their egos at every turn, who eschewed the spotlight, and who put their higher goals above their desire for recognition." -from the prologue

Many of us insist the main impediment to a full, successful life is the outside world. In fact, the most common enemy lies within: our ego. Early in our careers, it impedes learning and the cultivation of talent. With success, it can blind us to our faults and sow future problems. In failure, it magnifies each blow and makes recovery more difficult. At every stage, ego holds us back.

Ego Is the Enemy draws on a vast array of stories and examples, from literature to philosophy to his­tory. We meet fascinating figures such as George Marshall, Jackie Robinson, Katharine Graham, Bill Belichick, and Eleanor Roosevelt, who all reached the highest levels of power and success by con­quering their own egos. Their strategies and tactics can be ours as well.

In an era that glorifies social media, reality TV, and other forms of shameless self-promotion, the battle against ego must be fought on many fronts. Armed with the lessons in this book, as Holiday writes, "you will be less invested in the story you tell about your own specialness, and as a result, you will be liberated to accomplish the world-changing work you've set out to achieve."

Category:Motivational Business Management, Business Motivation & Self-Improvement, Motivational Self-Help

[Image: eYlT9Oz.png]
Kissed by a Stranger - Cynthia Woolf
epub | 262.15 KB | English | Isbn:9781947075702 | Author: Cynthia Woolf | Year: 2021

Description:

Quote:Laura Fitzhugh lost her husband. After one year of mourning she lost her job and her home in one fell swoop when her mother-in-law kicked her and her daughter, Josie, out of the hotel Laura had been managing for her.

Salvation seemed at hand when her distant cousin offered her a home and a job in Homestead Canyon, Montana. But was it salvation or just another place for heartbreak?

Bill Simms lost his wife and daughter to illness and left him angry. He wanted nothing to do with Laura, but he couldn't resist Josie's smile.

What happens when two lost, angry people come together? Will they be able to heal the other's wounds or will the memories be too much to take?

[Image: Baed7Dr.png]
Ruthless Prince A Dark Mafia A - Piper Stone
epub | 366.94 KB | English | Isbn:‎ B09K59VK43 | Author: Piper Stone | Year: 2021

Description:

Quote:Alexandra is a senator's daughter, used to mingling in the company of the rich and powerful, but tonight she will learn that there are men who play by different rules.

Men like me.

I could romance her. I could seduce her and then carry her gently to my bed.

But that can wait. Tonight I'm going to wring one ruthless climax after another from her quivering body with her bottom burning from my belt and her throat sore from screaming.

She will know she is mine before she even knows she is my bride.

Publisher's Note: Ruthless Prince is a stand-alone novel which is the second entry in the Benedetti Empire series. It includes spankings and rough, intense sexual scenes. If such material offends you, please don't buy this book.

Category:Organized Crime Thrillers, Crime Thrillers, Suspense Thrillers

[Image: SejtGhH.png]
The Christmas Escape - Sarah Morgan UK
epub | 7.48 MB | English | Isbn:‎ B084Q65YSV | Author: Sarah Morgan | Year: 2021

Description:

Quote:"Readers will be delighted." - Publishers Weekly starred review on One More for Christmas

From the USA TODAY bestselling author of The Christmas Sisters and A Wedding in December comes this sparkling tale of Christmas redemption.

For sisters Samantha and Ella Mitchell, Christmas is their most precious time of the year. But this year, they'll be buying presents for the most unexpected guest of all-their mother. It's been five years since they last saw each other. But when their mom calls out of the blue, Samantha and Ella cautiously agree to spend Christmas all together in the beautiful Scottish Highlands.

Gayle Mitchell is at the top of her career, but her success has come at a price-her relationship with her daughters. Her tough-love approach to parenting was designed to make them stronger, but instead managed to push them away.until a brush with her own mortality forces Gayle to make amends.

As the snowflakes fall on their first family celebration in years, the Mitchell women must learn that sometimes facing up to the past is all you need to heal your heart.

Don't miss Sarah Morgan's next book, The Summer Seekers!

Category:Holiday Romance, Holiday Romance, Family Life Fiction

[Image: puAnSRf.png]
Project High School Reunion A - Chloe Bishop
epub | 362.01 KB | English | Isbn:‎ B09K6RKRS3 | Author: Chloe Bishop | Year: 2021

Description:

Quote:He's the most gorgeous man I've ever met. Now, I'm sharing a bed with him on a tropical island, surrounded by the girls who bullied me in high school.
When the girls who made my high school life hell decide to throw a week-long high school reunion retreat, there's one vital thing I'm missing: a hot date.
Enter Blake Parker. Semi-successful Hollywood television writer who's also sexy as hell. Blake doesn't do anything half-ass, so when the touches linger just a little too long and the fake make-out sessions don't seem so fake, do I dare believe that maybe he's falling for me just as I'm falling for me?
Project High School Reunion is a full-length, stand-alone novel with spicy sex scenes, fake relationship tension, forced proximity and an HEA.

[Image: z2vrTHN.png]
Unexpected Trouble - Lauren Wood
epub | 369.61 KB | English | Isbn:‎ B09JP648D2 | Author: Lauren Wood | Year: 2021

Description:

Quote:One Mistake.
Too many times.
Now there is a secret to show for it.

It was a new start, a break from the city.
I needed to get away, and I found the perfect place,
With sexy mountain men to fulfill my notion of romance.
Everything was perfect, even my landlord who was rude but so damn good-looking.
He wasn't interested, but I persisted.
His touches made me think it was meant to be.
His words fooled me as well.
It didn't last long, but I had no regrets.
His ex-girlfriend was a nightmare who didn't get the memo.
She was out for blood, and it was no longer worth it.
My dream of small-town living was dashed.
My reputation was destroyed, and I left in embarrassment.
I didn't leave empty-handed though.

Our secret baby came as a surprise, and not a good one either.
How was I supposed to tell him I was pregnant after leaving him in such a way?
Would he even listen? Would he care?

Note: Adult Only!

Category:Romance Anthologies, Romance Anthologies, Romance Collections & Anthologies

[Image: noQoT5R.png]
Read People like a Book by Patrick King
epub | 768 KB | English | Isbn:‎ 979-8579327079 | Author: Unknown | Year: 2020

Description:

Quote:[b]Speed read people, decipher body language, detect lies, and understand human nature.[/b]
Is it possible to analyze people without them saying a word? Yes, it is. Learn how to become a "mind reader" and forge deep connections.
[b]How to get inside people's heads without them knowing.[/b]
Read People Like a Book isn't a normal book on body language of facial expressions. Yes, it includes all of those things, as well as new techniques on how to truly detect lies in your everyday life, but this book is more about understanding human psychology and nature. We are who we are because of our experiences and pasts, and this guides our habits and behaviors more than anything else. Parts of this book read like the most interesting and applicable psychology textbook you've ever read. Take a look inside yourself and others!
[b]Understand the subtle signals that you are sending out and increase your emotional intelligence.[/b]
Patrick King is an internationally bestselling author and social skills coach. His writing draws of a variety of sources, from scientific research, academic experience, coaching, and real life experience.
[b]Learn the keys to influencing and persuading others.[/b]
•What people's limbs can tell us about their emotions.• Why lie detecting isn't so reliable when ignoring context.•Diagnosing personality as a means to understanding motivation.• Deducing the most with the least amount of information.•Exactly the kinds of eye contact to use and avoid
[b]Find shortcuts to connect quickly and deeply with strangers.[/b]
The art of reading and analyzing people is truly the art of understanding human nature. Consider it like a cheat code that will allow you to see through people's actions and words.
[b]Decode people's thoughts and intentions, and you can go in any direction you want with them.[/b]

Category:Adult & Continuing Education, Popular Psychology Research, Study Skills

[Image: YlCrUFK.png]
The Beast of Brenton Woods by Jackson R Thomas
epub | 282.43 KB | English | Isbn:‎ B07BM2WFJV | Author: Jackson Thomas | Year: 2018

Description:

Quote:"At last! A proper werewolf story. Edge of your seat scary and unpredictable." - Catherine Cavendish, author of 'Waking the Ancients'

Some legends never die....

The White Wolf, the Beast of Brenton Woods, a legendary creature said to walk like a man. When the full moon rises, it will feast.

Unseen for years, truth has turned to rumor, mere folklore. Until something lures the monster from exile, calling it home.
For Tyler and Ben, a firsthand encounter leads to an exploration of the forbidden depths of Brenton woods, and for Ben, the discovery of a family secret.

When Wendy and her friend's hangout in the abandoned cabin is compromised, the hunt begins. The target of a creature's desire, Wendy is hearing whispers in the night, finding footprints outside her window, and can't shake the dreadful feeling that something is waiting for her.

Deputy Kathy Wilcox understands the disturbances, the shredded carcasses, and the growing list of missing persons in town are connected to something larger than life. Will her acceptance of the legend end in tragedy?

There's a full moon above, the night is coming down, and blood is about to run.

Category:Occult Horror, Occult Fiction, Literature & Fiction

[Image: fr7U6YR.png]
The Lighthouse Witches by C J Cooke
epub | 1.7 MB | English | Isbn:‎ 059333423X | Author: C. J. Cooke | Year: 2021

Description:

Quote:Two sisters go missing on a remote Scottish island. Twenty years later, one is found--but she's still the same age as when she disappeared.
The secrets of witches have reached across the centuries in this chilling Gothic thriller from the author of the acclaimed The Nesting. When single mother Liv is commissioned to paint a mural in a 100-year-old lighthouse on a remote Scottish island, it's an opportunity to start over with her three daughters--Luna, Sapphire, and Clover.
When two of her daughters go missing, she's frantic. She learns that the cave beneath the lighthouse was once a prison for women accused of witchcraft. The locals warn her about wildlings, supernatural beings who mimic human children, created by witches for revenge. Liv is told wildlings are dangerous and must be killed. Twenty-two years later, Luna has been searching for her missing sisters and mother. When she receives a call about her youngest sister, Clover, she's initially ecstatic. Clover is the sister she remembers--except she's still seven years old, the age she was when she vanished.
Luna is worried Clover is a wildling. Luna has few memories of her time on the island, but she'll have to return to find the truth of what happened to her family. But she doesn't realize just how much the truth will change her.

Category:Witch & Wizard Thrillers, Paranormal Suspense, Horror

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »